as my friend Jaety pointed out, at the end of our trying intellectual and emotional journey we are rewarded like kindergartners, with a lollipop and a gold star. so here it is (as requested by my Aunt Linda), a picture of me getting my lollipop, and one bonus pic of me with my rewards on the steps of Sproul Hall. (for the full action sequence, you can go to my photo album.)
lastly, two acknowledgments that didn't make it into the thesis. first, a big thank you to Emily and Paul Reichardt who joined me for the last leg of the journey and served as my historians. second, to Garrison Keillor for a quote that has provided much-needed perspective the last seven years:
Intelligence is like four-wheel drive. It only allows you to get stuck in more remote places.

3 comments:
yay alf!
6.022 x 10^23 congratulations are in order. i'm very proud of you.
we were having this discussion the other day on the meanings of the title PhD: PhilosophiƦ Doctor, or "teacher of philosophy".
i'm happy that you'll be teaching the world, we need more like you.
It's about friggin' time!!! Seriously, congratulations. I'm so proud of you. And someday, I might even be able to understand all that you wrote!
wooo hoooo!
Good quote. I will never be smart enough to comprehend your thesis...but the lollipop part I get :)!
Post a Comment